Saturday, August 18, 2012

Why I think you should read my Blog (or why you shouldn't, as the case may be)


a) You feel like an Outcast





Do you ever feel like you're floating aimlessly around the world, in your own little bubble, watching the world go by? I know, cliché of me. I will Interrupt myself to say, this blog isn't about to turn into some sappy bullshit about sunshine and rainbows. Well... There may be reference to rainbows.
Anyways, if you're in the metaphorical bubble unable to break the surface, you're that much closer to fitting the Charlotte Braun description. And this blog is for you, my friend. (Don't worry, i'm not being paid to say that! [which is something that someone on the other end of a suspicious paycheck would say. hmmm... I guess it's a judgement call. :-) ] ) 

A bit more about Charlotte Braun


Just because i'm lazy, and because if someone says something perfectly, why re-write it? I will insert below the touching and, you have to admit, kind of hilarious journey of Charlotte Braun. 

For those who are Peanuts fans... You will love this. 

"Charlotte Braun was written as a female version of Charlie Brown. In fact, she looked just like him, except she had curly hair. She, too, was ostracized by her peers, but it was because she was loud and obnoxious, a fact she constantly pointed out during her appearances in the comic strip.


Shortly after her introduction in 1954, Schulz received a letter from Elizabeth Swain, a young fan in Pittsburgh, who told him to get rid of Braun because Swain found the character annoying and unfunny. Schulz wrote Swain a letter (which is now in the Library of Congress) saying that he would soon “discard” Braun as requested. He added a touch of dark humor by saying that Swain would “have the death of an innocent child on your conscience. Are you prepared to accept such responsibility?” Next to his signature, he included a sketch of Charlotte Braun with an ax stuck in her head. Braun showed up in the comic one more time, but then never returned. " 




--brought to you by mental_floss! 
Blogger: Rob Lammle


So there you have it, the details of the character that started it all. (well, ok... that started my blog.) She inspired me because, outside of amusing me, she was a character I could relate to and fully fitted the description of the audience I would like to attract in my blog, to connect with them and if I can, help them. She is, among a few others, one of the least remembered Peanuts characters. ( I'm a huge Peanuts fan. If that isn't your case, or you simply don't know much/ anything about them, try looking them up! :-) ) Sometimes I feel that way. Like i'm forgotten. 


b) You have low self-confidence



   



Be it secretly, openly or a little bit of both. 


Low self-confidence, at least when referenced to by me, is not exclusively life-consuming self hatred or what-not. It can be lurking in different aspects and forms, and it isn't necessarily reflected by shyness. 
But the ultimate common ground of any self-confidence issue is, it puts a barrier between yourself and unlimited access to the opportunities of life- a bubble, if you will. (See What I Did There?) 

In other words, it's a bummer. 

But the good news is, if you recognise yourself in that heading then this blog is EVEN MORE addressed to you! (Lucky you, eh?) 

Take Charlotte Braun, for instance. With her loud, out-going personnality you wouldn't jump to the conclusion that she suffers from low self-confidence. But she's insecure!And I take it that if you are still reading my amateur writing, I must have caught your attention somewhere... And you're probably insecure too.

There's an old saying or quote or whatever that says, sometimes the people who seem the most outgoing are the ones with a worm of insecurity eating at their insides. (Take bullies, for example. And take ME, for example! When i would get loud or agressive as a kid, be it with family or friends, it was always because I felt attacked or unworthy.) 

Although you may not all reflect your insecurities the way Charlotte does. That's not always the way I do it, either. 


c) You feel rejected





In fact, this is the aspect of Charlotte Braun that is most prominent, I would say. She is rejected by her friends as a child, and she is rejected by the world as a character. 

I will allow myself a moment of weakness (more of those in future Posts! I point it out, you know, in case you are a sadistic bastard. ;-) ) in admitting that I have felt rejected... Ballpark figure... 2/3 of my natural born life.

That's right. I've grown to consider myself quite the 'Rejection Expert', although I won't reveal the reasons quite yet... (this is me inciting you to follow my blog.) 




Finally, I shut the hell up and come to a conclusion


Well, if you recognize in 1, 2 or all of the above criteria, I can't urge you strongly enough to continue reading my blog. (This is the introduction. Not all posts will be as long and dull, I swear!) I'm on quite the 'Path to recovery for the Soul', although I wish there was a less corny way to put it... 

I've come up with quite a few pointers for people for whom, like me, coping with day-to-day life is not always easy. 

So to close my first blog post (So exciting! Or... you know, not.) here is a video to make you chuckle. Followed by a funny picture. Followed by a laughable, yet meaningful, quote. 
If you don't visit this blog again, I wish you a happy life, and for you to find a truly scrumptious burger, and to eat that burger like you're making sweet love to it.Your life will never be the same.

Anywhoo... to the Free Laughs! 


                                                        Stewie meets Batman, expert from Family Guy.


It occurred to me that perhaps not everyone shares my humor. So, i'm throwing in a cat video for good measure. Those are popular, right? (I'm ashamed to say it actually got a few good chuckles out of me.) 




To the funny picture! (full disclosure, it may be of the cartoon variety.) 






As for the quote...
"He who laughs last probably does not get the joke." 
I loved this one. But for those who didn't...


"The only man who behaved sensibly was my tailor; he took my measurement anew every time he saw me, while all the rest went on with their old measurements and expected them to fit me. " -George Bernard Shaw 

And for those who didn't like that... Jeez Louise, you're picky. I'm afraid I give up on trying to make you ponder. But I still love you! (Or at least, I don't dislike you any more than i did before. :-) ) 


New post coming your way in 3-5 days! So 'stay tuned' or whatever. 


Next Post: Rule N°1: Don't Buy Into This Bullshit




Charlotte Thanks You for Making it This Far ;-)
  

3 comments:

  1. Hey,so I know it's 'lame' to comment your own blog, but I forgot to mention that whether you enjoyed my post or not, feel free to e-mail me with any comments or questions of any kind (OK, maybe not ANY kind...) :-) I'd be happy to help: theforgottencharlottebraun@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! You're off to a great start! Saw your comment on my blog and wanted to stop by and really enjoyed it. My kids and I thought the cat video was funny (we have two calicos). You really write from the heart. Keep up the great work, and may you blog for a long time!

    Mark Teleha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark, I was very touched by your comment! I'm glad your kids enjoyed the video and as a matter of fact, I have 2 cats at home too so I can relate 100%. :-)(although I never did bother to find out what kind they are... oops) Thank you for the kind words of encouragement!

    ReplyDelete